Click Here to Subscribe to our RSS Feed
Stories Below come from our Media Partner 3BL Media - Click their logo or any of the stories for more information
Relevant Web Links
- Association for Moral Education
- Association for Practical and Professional Ethics
- Center for Genetics and Society A nonprofit information and public affairs organization working to encourage responsible uses and effective societal governance of the new human genetic and reproductive technologies; inludes information in Spanish, Portuguese, and Russian
- Character Counts! A project of the Josephson Institute, Character Counts! reinforces the basics of good character: trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and citizenship
- Council on Governmental Ethics Laws
- Ethics Updates Designed primarily to be used by ethics instructors and their students
- HumGen Policies Université de Montréal, Centre de recherche en droit public. Policy information on human genetics in English and French
- Josephson Institute A public-benefit, nonpartisan, nonprofit membership organization
- New York University School of Medicine Resources in Medical Humanities
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- American Society of Law, Medicine & Ethics
Applied Research Ethics National Association ARENA and PRIMR information is on the same web site.
- Columbia University, Bio and Medical Research Ethics
- Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) U.S. Food and Drug Administration. See especially Information for Clinical Investigators in the section on Small Business Assistance.
- CODEX The Swedish Research Council's gateway to various research ethics and professional guidelines. It is run in collaboration with the Centre for Bioethics at Karolinska Institutet & Uppsala University.
- Consortium Ethics Program A cooperative effort of the University of Pittsburgh Center for Medical Ethics and the Hospital Council of Western Pennsylvania
- Foundation for Biomedical Research Improving health by promoting, understanding, and supporting humane and responsible animal research
- National Association for Biomedical Research (NABR) Advocating sound public policy that recognizes the vital role of humane animal use in biomedical research, higher education and product safety testing
- National Human Research Protections Advisory Committee (NHRPAC) The NHRPAC, which ran from 2000 to 2002, provided expert advice and recommendations to the Secretary of HHS, Assistant Secretary for Health (ASH), the Director, Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP), and other departmental officials on a broad range of issues and topics pertaining to or associated with the protection of human research subjects. These are the archives of that Committee.
- Office of Research Integrity (ORI), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Service (HHS) Includes information on ORI's Functions and Phone Numbers; ORI Publications; ORI General Information/Announcements, more, including Integrity and Misconduct in Research.
- Onlineethics.org, the Online Ethics Center for Engineering and Science at Case Western Reserve University
- Public Responsibility in Medicine and Research A national nonprofit organization dedicated to educating the medical and legal professions, industry and the public about the ethical, legal, and policy dimensions of appropriate and ethical research.
- Responsible Conduct of Research Education Consortium The RCREC is a non-profit, non-governmental consortium of institutions and organizations dedicated to promoting effective teaching of the responsible conduct of research.
- Sarah Lawrence College Health Advocacy Graduate Program
- Scientists Center for Animal Welfare (SCAW) A non-profit educational association to promote humane care, use, and management of animals involved in research, testing or education in laboratory, agricultural, wildlife or other settings
- Stanford Prison Experiment (Stanford University) A slide show with extensive information on Philip G. Zimbardo's infamous 1971 experiment in social psychology
- Washington University Libraries: Ethics and Science
This short list provides examples. Most universities have a similar office.
- Indiana University, Office of the Vice-Provost for Research, Research Policies
- Michigan State University, Office of the Vice President for Research and Graduate Studies, Research
- University of Chicago, University Research Administration
- University of Illinois-Champaign/Urbana, Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research
- University of Michigan, Research, Scholarship and Creative Activity
- University of Minnesota, Policies, Procedures and Guidelines Related to Research
- University of Wisconsin, Research and Sponsored Programs, Research Policies and Procedures